Sunday, September 15, 2013

Gorton Family Cemetery

I figured I might as well start my research with the cemetery that got me thinking about the subject in the first place. What I found out was the small cemetery belongs to the Gorton Family. I have not done any research to validate what I have read on the 2 websites but I do believe that the family must have been important enough for the highway to leave the graves intact.
http://letterboxing.org/BoxView.php?boxnum=4505
This website has a picture showing how close the cemetery is to the highway.http://shakingmytree.homestead.com/gortonpage.html

As part of research I will be keeping tabs on the population of the United States. On Sept. 9, 2013 at 13:47:20 (UTC) the population was 316,638,843. I checked this again just a few minutes ago. On Sept. 16, 2013 at 04:07:20 (UTC) the populations was 316,686, 616! That is an increase of almost 48,000 people in a week's time. A strong case may be built that moving cemeteries is in large part due to the increasing population.

No comments:

Post a Comment