Sunday, September 22, 2013

Life and in Death



Well, after reading the Diary of Miguel Parets and Western Attitudes Towards Death: from the middle ages to the present, I am beginning to realize that disregarding the less fortunate happens not only in death but in life too. As we have read in both, the poor and less fortunate people were not treated as well as the people that have more means. I can only assume that the less than adequate care that poor people receive in life is extended to the in death when they are in a potter’s field. However, this is not always the case. I have found a few exceptions to that rule.

My research this past week has brought me full circle without any being any closer to finding an answer to my question. So, I will need to dig deeper and possibly change course just a little bit. What I do know is that there does not seem to be any shortage of information out there regarding graves being moved. I am going to try and find out if it seems to be happening more in one region of the United States compared to other places. 

Population update: On Sept. 23, 2013 at 04:21:38 (UTC) the population was 316,737,330.  That is an increase of over 50,000 people in a week's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment